This blog ain't meant for those people I know - unless they happen upon it - it's meant for YOU... I simply want to share some of my experiences I've had in life; and hopefully at the same time lift up the spirits of those who happen upon this blog.

Wednesday, September 5

Wow, that's so gallivanting.

There's one thing that us people just love to do. And that would be to generalize things. Which is what I'm about to do. Deal with it.

 I did this huge report on Easter Island in 7th grade. I got an A... looking back at my standards now, it totally sucked. Anyways, these guys agree with me.

Okay, so the problem with many people on this planet is that they notice the negatives in themselves while ignoring the negatives in others. They see only the positives on other people. Which could be a good or bad thing I guess.

Thich Nhat Hanh. Whomever that is... well, he is a vietnamese buddhist monk who has published over one hundred books and is internationally known. Hmm.

I'm self-famous for doing so. But me and all those others that oh so commonly do this just need to stop it. Sounds simple, right? Just stop. It's like asking a smoker to just quit. All of a sudden BOOM! The guy is done smoking.

One of the many benefits of quitting this terrible habit of smoking cigarettes. I'm guessing this study is assuming that.

And when we are unable to see those positives in ourselves, well, that's what friends and family are for.

Soo funny..but sometimes bad. That's why Netflix is so great... I can skip the parts I don't like :)

But don't think that's the only thing family should do (of course you don't think that, but I'm using that as a segway to my next topic). They also need to point out the negatives in us. And this is something we hate. We can point out our own negatives, but SOMEBODY ELSE?! GRRRR!

Haha I loved Invader Zim when I was a kid. Too bad they had to cut it short...he's quite mad in this picture. Thinking about it now around five seconds later, I don't think that's Invander Zim. Either way, it was a good show. Nevermind, I just looked it up, that's him in what I called his dog suit.

Even if we didn't know that negative thing about ourselves that is sometimes our response. And we need to treat the people that do that better than we do. These are some of the people we should listen to a little more closely.

That goes for everyone, not just children.

Now, I may be gallivanting around the topic that would pull everything together so that there's an ah-ha moment. Sorry. That's for you to figure out.

Haha, the caption of the picture was, "Gallivanting the tracks in Salta, Argentina" I think that is one of my new favorite words. Gallivanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment